NSFAS questions and answers
Here are NSFAS questions and answers. With only a few weeks left before the closing of the NSFAS 2021 application cycle, Higher Education, Science and Innovation Minister, Dr. Blade Nzimande, said NSFAS has revealed that the number of applications received to date is almost doubled the number of applications received in the previous cycles. The number of applications has reached 500 000.
How to receive OTP if you no longer use the email and cellphone numbers you registered with:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on myNSFAS account
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the My personal details tab
- Enter your current cell phone number and email address
- Click Update your details
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new cell phone number and email address that you have provided
- Enter the OTP and click submit
- Your details will immediately be updated
When will you get an outcome of your application:
Application outcome will be given to all applicants once NSFAS received confirmation from the Institution that an academic offer has been made to you. This will be communicated before the start of the 2021 academic year either by or both on SMS, email, and on your myNSFAS account.
Do I need to apply every year or every semester if I’m approved:
No, if you are currently funded by NSFAS, you are not required to apply.
What are the needed documents to apply:
- Certified copy of your ID, not older than 3 months
- A signed and completed consent form.
If you are dependent on someone, please provide:
- Certified ID copies of parent/s, guardian, spouse
- Proof of income of parent, guardian, or spouse
If you are self-sufficient (no parent/guardian support) please provide:
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
If you have a disability, please provide:
- Completed and signed Annexure A form.
If you are an orphan, please provide:
- Completed and signed Declaration Form
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter / UIF documentation;
- Death certificate/s;
- Divorce decree.
Can I use NSFAS and another bursary simultaneously:
Students on a full NSFAS will not receive another full cost of study bursary from another source. If a student receives a partial bursary, an NSFAS bursary may be awarded. NSFAS will not pay for educational costs already covered by another funder.
Are short courses covered by NSFAS:
No. NSFAS covers programmes at universities which are all undergraduate whole qualifications i.e. degree and diploma.
Do I need to apply again if I was approved for 2020 but never registered anywhere:
Yes, to receive 2021 you will be required to apply.
How to create a MyNSFAS account:
- Log onto www.nsfas.org.za and click on the myNSFAS tab.
- Click on register. Tick on the acceptance option to allow NSFAS to verify and validate the information you provided.
- Type in your ID number as it appears on your ID document.
- Type in your name and surname as they appear on your ID Document.
- Type in your email address and cellphone number. Your username will be your email address.
- Create a password and confirm your password.
- Upload a copy of your ID.
- Click on register.
- After clicking register, a One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the email address and cellphone number you provided.
- Check your cellphone and email for the OTP.
- Type in the OTP in the tab provided and click submit.
- You will then receive another SMS and email confirming that your myNSFAS account has been created. You may now continue with your application.
Whats are the expenses covered by NSFAS:
- Personal care.
- Special computer devices
I want to change institutions, how do I keep getting funding from NSFAS:
In order to continue being funded by NSFAS for the university qualification in 2021, you need to have passed and Must apply to be funded at the university, or you must have completed your studies at a TVET college.
for more quick questions and answers, click on this link: https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/faqs.html
Do you still have more questions about NSFAAS funding?
Contact them here:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
– Students, University, and TVET College documents
Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa